Leaves Green, Bromley
A hamlet surrounded by farms and common land, situated one mile north of Biggin Hill
Leaves Green’s name is a corruption of Leigh’s Green, which derived from a family that owned land here in the mid-15th century.
The weather-boarded Kings Arms pub dates from the early 18th century and there are flint-faced cottages converted from the former Cudham workhouse, erected in 1731 but never much used.
A cast iron coal post was erected on the green in 1861 to mark the point at which duty had to be paid on coal and wine order tadalafil from india being brought into the City of London. The post is now a grade II-listed structure.
Several original buildings survive in the village centre, although there has been some less attractive post-war development along Leaves Green Road, some of it highly priced. The Greenacres riding school dominates the western side of the village. Biggin Hill airport’s runway protrudes into the farmland to the east.
Leaves Green Common, the expansive village green, has been allowed to grow more wildly in recent years to let natural flora regenerate.
Postcode area: Keston BR2