Royal Aeronautical Society headquarters
Established in 1866 as the Aeronautical Society of Great Britain, the Royal Aeronautical Society is the world’s oldest professional body dedicated to the aerospace community.
For its first 70 years the society held its meetings in the rooms of the Society of Arts (from 1908 the Royal Society of Arts) and acquired its present home from the Crown in 1938.
No.4 Hamilton Place is a bow-windowed Georgian townhouse situated just behind the Four Seasons Hotel at Park Lane. The Duke of Wellington lived here in the year before the Battle of Waterloo.