Goulds Green, Hillingdon
A half-developed locality situated just beyond the northern edge of Stockley Park
The family of John Golde was mentioned in local documents in 1373 and Goulds Grene was first recorded in 1592. The green was a southward extension of Hillingdon Heath, covering about 20 acres.
By 1806 the hamlet was sufficiently significant to form one of the four divisions of Hillingdon parish, along with Hillingdon East, Hillingdon Town and Yiewsley. A police station was in existence here by 1864, occupying one of a row of cottages that stood on Harlington Road, just north of what is now Perry Close.
During the 1920s and early 1930s suburban development stretched here from Hayes and there has been more since, but Goulds Green Farm (also known as the Stables Farm) survives. Its outbuildings and fields comprise Goulds Green riding school.
The farm’s late-19th-century stable block consists of a two-storey hayloft and dovecot with single-storey stable wings to each side. It is a locally listed building.
Goulds, a rural neighbourhood in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, may have been named by settlers who came from Goulds Green.